So I was lucky enough to be sent the new BADgalBANG Mascara from Benefit to test and blog about so here we go…..
So if you spend any time online you would have seen a fair bit of hype about this mascara, including Benefit taking 32 influencers to Utah’s luxe resort Amangiri for a three night, all-things-Benefit getaway to launch Badgal Bang! Volumising Mascara.
The crowd during Benefit’s big reveal of Badgal Bang! Volumizing Mascara.
As you can see the BADgal BANG Mascara packaging has a space age feel, this is due to the gravity-defying formula apparently containing aero-particles ……….
The below is What Benefit say…………
BADgal BANG! 36-HOUR* FULL-BLAST volumising mascara creates MASSIVE volume without weighing down lashes. The gravity-defying formula contains aero-particles, one of the lightest known materials, derived from space technology. This innovative intense pitch-black mascara layers easily for bigger & BIGGER impact. Its custom big Slimpact! brush is streamlined to reach root-to-tip, corner-to-corner, upper & lower lashes for BIG VOLUME WITH 360° REACH!
*instrumental test on 21 women
- Smudge-proof, water-resistant, volumising mascara
- 90% saw dramatic volume**
- 94% said it instantly lifted lashes**
- 92% said it lengthened lashes**
- ProVitamin B5 known to fuel thickness & strength
**self-evaluation by 102 women after 1 week
Left eye done wearing BADgalBANG! Benefit Mascara, right eye no mascara
Well you’ve read the hype above and what Benefit have to say about it, now here are my thoughts…..
- Love the packaging, especially the clicking lid that lets you know it’s screwed up tightly and wont dry out like so many other expensive mascaras
- The brush is nice and long so covers quite a few lashes at once, however the consistency is quite wet so you have to make sure it’s dry before blinking to avoid transferring on to the upper lid. I don’t know about you but this does happen to me with quite a few of mascaras these days just due to the dreaded baggy eye lids that comes with age!!!
- One coat is quite impressive however I like a to build up my mascara and when I add more than one coat I found you have to be a little careful as although this definitely adds length, there’s a fine line between length ……and the spidery look which I’m not so keen on.
- I like to use an eye liner with my mascara however this is very good at getting deep down into my lashes so have actually found, for the day you can get away without the liner & when glamming up for a night time look using both mascara and liner creates quite a dramatic look as shown here.
- The mascara is supposed to last 36 hours, which even in my old partying days seems a rather long time however I’ve worn this all day at work & then into the evening with out re applying and it didn’t budge or transfer onto my lids like some mascaras can.
- I was also worried about getting this stuff off however I found it fine using my Simple eye make up remover and more recently the Magic Mitt Makeup remover which will be a whole other blog another day!!
Close up on both my eyes wearing BADgalBANG! Benefit Mascara
So over all I have to say it’s great and I will keep you posted on how long it last for as this just as important, especially when you’re investing £21.50 on a product.
In the meantime here are a few more photos of me wearing the product and do please let me know your thoughts in the comments below if you have tried this already. I’d love to hear from you and if there are any other products you’d like me to test out, again please feel free to let me know below